ONE - WHEN IT'S GONE IT'S GONE!
NARROW GAUGE STEAM ENGINE & COAL TENDER
“Rio Grande Southern”
This is a superb brand new Bachmann ”Special Anniversary Limited Edition” G Scale Baldwin 4-6-0 Steam Locomotive & matching 8-Wheel Coal Tender (Catalogue No. 81094).
This super-detailed steam engine No.25 (see accompanying photograph) comes in the black and white livery of the popular Rio Grande Southern Railroad Company and is far superior to Bachmann’s standard production run of similar locomotives.
This model incorporates many of the enhanced features to be found in the manufacturer’s high quality ‘Spectrum’ range with the latest precision drive mechanism, metal siderods and separate detail parts including piping and all metal handrails.
- See-through die-cast frame construction
- Metal die cast Walschaert’s valve gear or slide valve as per prototype
- Precision motor
- All metal wheels
- Operating LED Headlight & Back Up (Reversing) lamp
- Separate Metal Detail Parts including handrails, air tanks, piping, pumps, coupler lift bars, water lines and air tank cooling coils
- Separately applied dome and smoke-stack
- Steel and wood cab design with fine scale backhead detail including globe valves, injectors, Johnson bar, throttle, working cab hatch and operating firebox door
- Operating smoke unit – simply add a few drops of the smoke oil (supplied) and switch on to get authentic smoke
- Speed synchronized sound in tender (9 volt battery required)
- Even comes with Driver and Fireman
- This loco is ready painted in authentic paint scheme
This model is BRAND NEW & UNUSED and comes securely packed in original manufacturer’s packing.
A really impressive addition to any layout especially those who model on an American or Freelance basis.
Most of the Rio Grande steam locomotives were made at the Baldwin Locomotive Works and the American Locomotive Company. As the skill of the locomotive designers improved, the locomotives they built started to grow in size. From the 1880's to 1900, hundreds of larger 4-6-0 Ten-wheelers and 2-8-0 Consolidateds were added to the Rio Grande fleet. The consolidations became standard power on the D&RG for decades. They had twice the power of the Moguls, and could still operate on the lighter track.